At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
The Role: Junior Estimator, Construction
The Junior Estimator prepares the estimate package in relation to quantity take-offs, requests for sub-contractor pricing, bid document preparation, and assembly of all bidding templates.
Job Duties Include:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, sub-contractors and suppliers, while actively seeking out new quality vendors to be added to the sub-contractor database.
- Assist in the closing of bids, offering input as to sources of potential risk and the implications that this risk presents to the final bid price.
- Attends pre-bid meetings on site in order to determine bid size, scope, and complexity.
- Assist in the delivery of tenders and attending bid openings.
- Monitors and records pricing trends for bids submitted in various areas and throughout different times of the year.
- Liaises with the client’s project manager/contract administrator to clarify any questions regarding contractor/sub-contractor scope of work.
- 0 - 3 years of construction estimating and/or project coordinating experience.
- Degree or diploma in Engineering or Building and Construction Sciences is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of modern construction, site-work and landscape practices - past field experience preferred.
- Understanding of construction contract documents.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel, Word, and Project.
- Previous estimating software knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to work as a team player, manage multiple priorities, and work under pressure.
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a logical order of importance.