Landscape Construction Labourer – Job Description
Landscape Construction Labourer
The Landscape Construction Labourer is required to perform tasks involving physical labor at commercial construction projects and is required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities include the cleaning and preparation of work-sites, hardscape experience with plan reading, layout, concrete form work, shooting elevations, etc. Must be capable of operating a variety of heavy equipment including but not limited to: skid steer, back hoe, mini excavator, etc.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Integrity
- Operating Equipment
- Problem Solving
- Quality Orientation
- Team Work
- Adhere to CSL Group Ltd. policies and procedures.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to time logging and SiteDocs – JSA’s, Toolbox Talks, etc.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, or damage to vehicles/equipment.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Clean and perform preparation of work-site by cleaning obstacles and controlling hazards.
- Operate hand and power tools, as well as heavy equipment related to Construction work.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Tend machines that pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster or stucco through spray-guns for application to ceilings and walls.
- Utilize pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete and dismantle forms after use.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications, using appropriate tools.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful materials.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, blueprints, structural drawings, rough sketches, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Identify, pack, and transport hazardous materials.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in a related field is an asset
- 1-2 years experience in the industry required
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read building specifications and blueprints
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary for construction
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Physical ability to lift up to 70lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Working outdoors year round.
- This is a full time position throughout all seasons. Job duties for this position transition into winter duties – snow and ice management.