Due to our continued growth within our Ancaster Landscape Maintenance and Snow divisions, CSL Group is looking to add an additional Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the leadership of all operations, including staff and service administration. The incumbent must effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue and technical productivity. The Operations Manager must ensure that all departments under their control are compliant with all applicable legislation, including but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. This individual must supply critical information to the Branch Manager/Senior Operations Manager concerning financial matters in addition to leading his/her team in the achievement of company objectives. The incumbent is responsible for executing the annual budget.
- Safe Operations
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Development and Continual Learning
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Results Orientation
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the department is meeting budgetary commitment – meeting the estimate.
- Responsible for operational scheduling of employees and equipment.
- Is attentive of employee skills and abilities, and identifies training opportunities – communicates opportunities to Branch Manager.
- Ensure that all compliance procedures are in place and all safety procedures are followed to avoid any accidents or incidents.
- Ensure that safety is made a priority and that employees are abiding by all Health and Safety regulations.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations. Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee technical staff and hires, and train personnel.
- Ensure that new employees are trained and oriented as appropriate for their new positions; performing follow-up sessions to ensure their proper fit within the company.
- Recommend new processes and share best practices for improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Meet regularly with Branch Manager; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units, Corporate, and customers.
- Look for opportunities for extras – adding value to our customers.
- Analyze and report on the daily, monthly and annually department's key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department.
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure his/her employees are setting the appropriate priorities.
- Keep current with technological changes and any governmental regulation changes used in the performance of duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be comfortable with computers, software, mobile applications.
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a technical field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrable experience in operations.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Knowledge in landscaping, maintenance, snow, and/or construction required.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Holds a clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintains a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Maintains a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
- Travel required
- Safety equipment required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- This is a full time position throughout the spring, summer, and fall seasons. This position transitions into winter duties – snow and ice management.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package
- Employee appreciation events
- Company-paid uniforms & safety boot allowance
- RRSP and DPSP
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Full-Time, Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Leader, Snow Removal, Operations Manager. #CSLM