At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
The Role: Corporate Estimator - Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Construction, and Enhancements
The Corporate Estimator gathers required information from our Sales Account Managers and provide them with an estimate package detailing the total cost of the job. The Corporate Estimator is also responsible for finding and completing government tenders relating to Landscape Snow, Maintenance, and Construction work.
Job Duties Include:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, sub-contractors and suppliers, while actively seeking out new quality vendors to be added to the sub-contractor database.
- Assist in the closing of bids, offering input as to sources of potential risk and the implications that this risk presents to the final bid price.
- Attends pre-bid meetings on site in order to determine bid size, scope, and complexity.
- Assist in the delivery of tenders and attending bid openings.
- Monitors and records pricing trends for bids submitted in various areas and throughout different times of the year.
- Liaises with the client’s project manager/contract administrator to clarify any questions regarding contractor/sub-contractor scope of work.
- Works well with Sales Account Managers to determine scope of work and accurate job costs.
- Develop metrics to assist in estimating. E.g. cost per foot, cost per cm of snow, etc.
- 1 - 3 years of estimating and/or project coordinating experience.
- Degree or diploma in Engineering or Building and Construction Sciences is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of modern landscaping, site-work and landscape practices - past field experience preferred.
- Understanding of tender documents.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel, and Word
- Previous estimating software knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to work as a team player, manage multiple priorities, and work under pressure.
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a logical order of importance.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package (100%)
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation events
- Company paid uniforms & safety boot allowance
- Registered Retirement Savings Program
- Deferred Profit Sharing Program
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Full-Time, Landscape Estimating, Estimator, Landscape Maintenance, Enhancements Estimator, #CSLM