At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
Construction Site Supervisor – Job Description
Construction Site Supervisor
The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for the planning and execution of projects. Duties include working with external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design.The incumbent is required to perform tasks involving physical labor at commercial construction projects and is required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities include the cleaning and preparation of work-sites, hardscape experience with plan reading, layout, concrete form work, shooting elevations, etc. Must be capable of operating a variety of heavy equipment including but not limited to: skid steer, back hoe, mini excavator, etc.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Integrity
- Operating Equipment
- Problem Solving
- Quality Orientation
- Team Work
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations – direct activities of Construction Labourers as per work orders.
- Responsible for short-term (day-to-day and weekly) planning and keeping the Project Manager aware of decisions being made.
- Adhere to CSL Group Ltd. policies and procedures; lead by example.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to Aspire and SiteDocs – JSA’s, Toolbox Talks, etc.
- Initiate safety concerns and make a judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, or damage to vehicles/equipment.
- Report defective material and report those and any unusual situations to Operations Manager.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Clean and perform preparation of work-site by cleaning obstacles and controlling hazards.
- Operate hand and power tools, as well as heavy equipment related to Construction work.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Tend machines that pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster or stucco through spray-guns for application to ceilings and walls.
- Utilize pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete and dismantle forms after use.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications, using appropriate tools.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful materials.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, blueprints, structural drawings, rough sketches, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Identify, pack, and transport hazardous materials.
- Post-Secondary diploma in a related field is an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in the industry required
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to read building specifications and blueprints
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary for construction
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Proven abilities in leadership (minimum 1-year experience leading a crew of 4-5 people)
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Able to work well under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Physical ability to lift up to 70lb.
- Travel to the site and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Working outdoors year round.
- This is a full-time position throughout the spring, summer, and fall seasons. This position transitions into winter duties – snow and ice management.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package
- Employee appreciation events
- Company paid uniforms & safety boot allowance
- RRSP and DPSP
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Full-Time, Construction, Site Supervisor, Supervisor, #CSLM