At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
CSL is looking for a knowledgeable Landscape Foreman in both softscape and hardscape installations. This role is responsible for overseeing and executing plans and designs. This person maintains company equipment and oversees the day-to-day operations of the crew. This individual must ensure that crew members are compliant with all applicable legislation, including but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as well as CSL Group Ltd. policies and procedures. This individual must communicate critical information to the Branch Manager concerning leading the team in the achievement of scheduled duties.
- Coordinate and monitor day to day operations.
- Order, and coordinate material and equipment for each job in a cost-effective manner.
- Direct activities and assist crew in the field as per specification documents.
- Responsible for successful short-term (day-to-day) planning, efficient execution, and keeping Branch Manager aware of decisions being made.
- Adhere to CSL Group Ltd. policies and procedures; lead by example.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Resolve problems and issues that arise.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Oversee the execution of the design, plan, and supervise the construction of landscapes, gardens etc.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in landscaping or property maintenance.
- Proven abilities in leadership (minimum 1-year experience leading a crew of 4-5 people)
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Able to complete both softscape and hardscape landscape projects
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as a team.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Physical ability to lift up to 70lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations is required.
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Working outdoors year-round.
- This is a full-time position throughout the spring, summer, and fall seasons. This position transitions into winter duties.
Job Type: Full-time