At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
Enhancement Crew Leader – Job Description
Enhancement Crew Leader
The Enhancement Crew Leader is responsible for overseeing and executing plans and designs The incumbent works to ensure that projected designs match their needs, and are functional, safe and economical. The Crew Leader maintains company equipment and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Enhancements Crew. This individual must ensure that crew members are compliant with all applicable legislation, including but not limited to Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as well as CSL Group Ltd. policies and procedures. This individual must communicate critical information to the Branch Manager concerning leading his/her team in the achievement of scheduled duties.
- Core Competencies
- Operating Equipment
- Accountability and Dependability
- Communication & Customer Focus
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Coordinate and monitor day to day operations.
- Responsible for operational scheduling of enhancement crew members and equipment.
- Order, and coordinate material and equipment for each job in a cost-effective manner.
- Complete jobs within budget.
- Direct activities and assist Enhancement Labourers in the field as per specification documents.
- Responsible for successful short-term (day-to-day) planning, efficient execution, and keeping Branch Manager aware of decisions being made.
- Adhere to CSL Group Ltd. policies and procedures; lead by example.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to Aspire and SiteDocs – JSA’s, Toolbox Talks, etc.
- Initiate safety concerns and make judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, or damage to vehicles/equipment.
- Report defective material and report those and any unusual situations to Branch Manager.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Responsible for the safety, usefulness, and aesthetics of their designs.
- Resolve problems and issues that arise.
- Follow building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Oversee the execution of the design, plan, and supervise the construction of landscapes, gardens etc.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the crew.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff.
- Drive CSL Group Ltd. vehicles, as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in landscaping or property maintenance.
- Proven abilities in leadership (minimum 1-year experience leading a crew of 4-5 people)
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as a team.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 70lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment are required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Working outdoors year round.
- This is a full time position throughout the spring, summer, and fall seasons. This position transitions into winter duties.
Job Type: Full-time