At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
Tree Nursery General Labourer
The Tree Nursery General Labourer is responsible for working to deliver excellent property enhancement and nursery services. The incumbent is responsible for working as a team to deliver excellent service, to maintain our business image.
- Core Competencies
- Accountability and Dependability
- Customer Focus
- Experience in plant production in a nursery style setting
- Previous horticulture experience is an asset
- Digging and burlapping trees, pruning, watering, fertilizing and plant propagation
- 2+ years of experience in the construction industry
- Able to operate basic construction equipment (excavator, skid steer, earth movers, etc.)
- Superior strengths including lifting, climbing, bending, digging
- Examples of duties include excavation, grading, layout and basic construction labour tasks
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with extreme weather fluctuation.
- Report defective material and report those and any unusual situations to Operations Manager.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Drive CSL Group Ltd. vehicles, as required.
- Perform snow removal duties in the winter.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- 0 - 2 years of experience in a tree nursery environment, landscaping or property maintenance.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Able to work well under pressure, with a strong attention to detail.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment are required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Working outdoors year-round.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package
- Employee appreciation events
- Company paid uniforms & safety boot allowance
- RRSP and DPSP
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Nursery, Landscaper