At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
Maintenance Working Foreman
The Maintenance Working Foreman is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and enhancement of properties and ice rink facilities. The incumbent is required to comply with all required safety and work regulation policies and to report non-compliance and/or concerns to the Operations Manager. All work crews and individuals on-site take direction from the Maintenance Working Foreman, who is responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work. Maintenance Working Foreman are responsible for the efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. The Maintenance Working Foreman may be required to assist in other work on as needed.
- Core Competencies
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Responsible for weekly and monthly planning (based on the scope of work) and keeping the Operations Manager aware of decisions being made.
- Adhere to CSL Group Ltd. policies and procedures; lead by example.
- Ensure and enforce compliance with the CSL Group Ltd. health and safety training and reporting requirements – while maintaining optimal efficiency.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to Aspire and SiteDocs – JSA’s, Toolbox Talks, etc.
- Initiate safety concerns and make judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, or damage to vehicles/equipment.
- Report defective material and report those and any unusual situations to Operations Manager.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of properties and ice rink facilities includes: maintenance and repair, grass-cutting, painting, installation of sign posts, rink maintenance, etc.
- Identify enhancement opportunities on properties.
- Resolve challenges and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Assist in the resolution of issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Responsible liaison with clients to maintain open lines of communication and ensure excellent customer service.
- Able to operate various equipment, including but not limited to: tractor, loader, skid steer, grass cutting equipment, etc.
- Ensure the efficient and proper use machines and materials used by the crew.
- Take an active role in monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- Monitor job progress and provide regular progress reporting to Operations Manager.
- Provide coaching and training to other employees.
- Other duties as required.
- College diploma in landscaping and/or construction or related field is an asset
- 2 - 3 years of experience in landscaping and/or construction required
- Strong delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Possess a valid drivers license
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Some travel may be required
- Safety equipment is required (steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work outdoors year round
- This is a full time position throughout the spring, summer, and fall seasons. This position transitions into winter duties – snow and ice management.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package
- Employee appreciation events
- Company paid uniforms & safety boot allowance
- RRSP and DPSP
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Full-Time, Landscape, Landscaper,Construction, Foreman, Lead Hand