At CSL Group Ltd., we are a family-based company that shares in our values. We have defined the type of company we want to be and how we want to treat our employees, our customers, and our communities. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth and advancement opportunities.
Job Title: Licensed Class A Mechanic
Location: North York, On
CSL Group is seeking an experienced Red Seal, Class-A Mechanic with an entrepreneurial mindset to join their growing team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is passionate about working with landscaping equipment, tractors, heavy machinery and work trucks.
Overall Summary of Duties
Reporting to the North York Operations Manager, the incumbent performs preventative maintenance, diagnoses problems, and repairs vehicle systems of cars, tractors, CVOR rated vehicles, and landscape equipment. This includes engine, vehicle management, steering, braking, drive train, suspension, electrical, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. They also work on restraints, trim and accessories. The incumbent is also responsible for using software (Protractor) to properly log any vehicle work and preventative maintenance.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment to quality work;
- Ability to follow instructions and demonstrate consistent memory recall;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with hand and power tools;
- Ability to meet deadlines and be punctual by arriving on time;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with team members;
- Ability to demonstrate a friendly and professional demeanor at all times;
- Ability to demonstrate safe work practices at all times; and,
- Ability to perform diagnostics on vehicle wiring schematics.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License with no outstanding infractions
- Ability to supply his/her own trade tools;
- Ability to supply his/her own steel toe safety boots;
Education & Experience :
- High-school diploma
- Red Seal, Class A, Automotive Service Technician in Ontario
- 3-5 years of experience working as a mechanic
- Experience working on Heavy Equipment/ Landscape Equipment
- Experience with winter landscape equipment: tractors, plows, blades, salters
- Experience working on small engines
- Experience in MIG welding
Hours of work:
Your normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, due to the nature of our business and your role with the company, you will be expected to occasionally work additional hours of work, or attend training, as may be required to satisfy operational requirements.
- Company paid health benefits
- RRSP program with company contribution
- Safe & healthy work environment
- Advancement opportunities
- Company paid uniforms
- Boot allowance
- Appreciation Activities
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Full-Time, Mechanic, Class A, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, North York, Toronto, #CSLH