Location: Ottawa, ON
CSL Group Ltd. is looking for the best! We are looking for people who want a career, not a job. We are eager to have you join our team of professionals, to be leaders in the industry, with exciting growth and advancement opportunities. If you think you have the skills and ability required, please send your resume.
CSL Group is seeking a Mechanic Apprentice/Technician with an entrepreneurial mindset to join their growing team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is passionate about working with landscaping equipment, tractors, heavy machinery and work trucks.
Overall Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Ottawa Mechanic, the incumbent performs preventative maintenance, diagnoses problems, and repairs vehicle systems of cars, tractors, CVOR rated vehicles, and landscape equipment. This includes engine, vehicle management, steering, braking, drive train, suspension, electrical, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. They also work on restraints, trim and accessories. The incumbent is also responsible for using software (Protractor) to properly log any vehicle work and preventative maintenance.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment to quality work;
- Ability to follow instructions and demonstrate consistent memory recall;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with hand and power tools;
- Ability to meet deadlines and be punctual by arriving on time;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with team members;
- Ability to demonstrate a friendly and professional demeanor at all times;
- Ability to demonstrate safe work practices at all times; and,
- Ability to perform diagnostics on vehicle wiring schematics.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License with no outstanding infractions
- Ability to supply his/her own trade tools;
- Ability to supply his/her own steel toe safety boots;
Education & Experience:
- High-school diploma
- Graduation from a recognized Automotive Service Technician Program
- 3-5 years of experience working as a mechanic
Bilingual (French & English) would be an asset
AZ Driver's License
Experience working on Heavy Equipment/ Landscape Equipment
Experience with winter landscape equipment: tractors, plows, blades, salters
Experience working on small engines
Experience in MIG welding
Hours of work:
Your normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Benefits - company paid
- RRSP Program
- Incentive bonuses
- Paid training & certifications
WHY DO WE DO IT?
We believe that we are stewards of the world we live in. We believe that people are the most important "things" we'll ever grow. We work to improve the spaces we live, work and play in.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
Pursuing growth. Developing our people. Leveraging Knowledge, Training, Experience, and Technology.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Commercial Landscape Construction. Landscape Management - including Snow and Ice Management Property Care. Property Services. CSL Group is on a mission to improve and maintain the places we live, work and play in. We work hard to make life easier for business owners and property managers by carefully maintaining the spaces under their care. And we bring a professional attitude to the job each day. We're always ready, reliable, and respectful.
CSL Group - Keeping Our World Beautiful! - https://cslgroup.ca/
Other companies may call this job: Full Time, Full-Time, Mechanic Apprentice, Class A, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Ottawa, Nepean, Snow Equipment,